GL: Why Do Copied Journals Not Update Total Debit And Credits When the Journal is Created?.
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 14, 2016
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN General Ledger - Version 8.4 SP1 to 9.1 [Release 8.4 to 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
*** Checked for relevance on 06-Feb-2013 ***
- Why Do Copied Journals Not update Total Debit And Credits When The Journal Is Created?.
- Why are copied journals are an exception for "Save" functionality?
- "Save" functionality on the journal line entry page should work exactly same for all system sources (Copy journals have system source of 'SCP').
- Current design is confusing to end users, because "Save" is populating incorrect amounts in the debit/credits fields, if they make changes to amount fields.
- Currently, the totals will show the changes made to the journal instead of the actual total
- It would have been better, if total_debits and total_credits were not populated at all, instead of showing incorrect values.
- Total debits and credits use to be populated during copy in 8 SP2/SP3.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms