EGL: Out Of Balance Error Occurs In Journal Generated Journal For A Payment Of Foreign Transactions Made With The Local Currency.
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 14, 2016
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN General Ledger - Version 7.5 to 9.1 [Release 7.5 to 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
*** Checked for relevance on 18 June 2012 ***
Foreign currency vouchers were entered in Payables. When they were paid, the payment was in the local currency- a different currency than they were incurred. When the journal generator journals are edited, they get an out of balance error status even though the journals appear to be in balance. Why is the journal being marked in error?
- A German AP business unit (which has a corresponding DEM GL BU) Books a Swiss franc voucher.
- Payment is made in DEM.
- In AP, the payment is posted together with other regular DEM (local currency) payments.
- Run journal generator.
- The journal which is generated:
- DR: AP in Swiss francs (foreign amount)
- DR: AP in DEM (base amount)
- CR: Cash in DEM
- The journal appears to be in balance but when edited, gets out of balance error.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms