EGL: Getting "Cannot post a non-Actual Journal" Error Message
(Doc ID 654393.1)
Last updated on APRIL 16, 2021
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN General Ledger - Version 8.9 to 9.2 [Release 8.9 to 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
1. Navigate to General Ledger> Journals> Journal Entry> Create/Update Journal Entries
2. Add a new Journal. On the header page use Ledger Group = RECORDING.
3. Click Commitment Control hyperlink. For Commitment Control Amount Type select Encumbrance then click OK.
4. Complete the Journal lines, then perform Journal Edit: Journal Status = 'V' and Budget Status = 'V'.
5. Now perform Journal Post for the above Journal and the below error message will be displayed:
"Cannot post a non-Actual Journal, (5010,208)
You have selected to Post this Journal. However, the commitment control amount type of this journal is not 'Actuals'. It means this journal is not an actual transaction so it cannot be posted. Your selection is canceled."
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document