Last updated on MARCH 14, 2017
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN General Ledger - Version 8.9 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
This document was previously published as Customer Connection Solution 201040468
***Checked for relevance 23-AUG-2012***
User tried to post encumbrance journals and received the following error message:
"Cannot post a non-Actual Journal, (5010,208)
You have selected to Post this Journal. However, the commitment control amount type of this journal is not 'Actuals'. It means this journal is not an actual transaction so it cannot be posted. Your selection is canceled."
Create the encumbrance journal by following the steps below:
1. Navigate to General Ledger> Journals> Journal Entry> Create/Update Journal Entries
2. Add a new Journal. On the header page use Ledger Group = RECORDING.
3. Click Commitment Control hyperlink. For Commitment Control Amount Type select Encumbrance then click OK.
4. Complete the Journal lines, then perform Journal Edit: Journal Status = 'V' and Budget Status = 'V'.
5. Now perform Journal Post for the above Journal and the above error message will be displayed:
"The encumbrance journals can come from other subsystems such as Payroll."
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms