Receipt Accrual Reversal (Next Period) Entries Are Missing From RECV_LN_ACCTG Table
(Doc ID 662008.1)
Last updated on JANUARY 04, 2021
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise SCM Purchasing - Version 9 to 9.1 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
This document was previously published as Customer Connection Solution 201068790
When receipt accrual (PO_RECVACCR) is run, there are accrual entries created in the period being accrued and reversal entries on the first day of the next period. If only the accrual entries are journal generated, but not the reversal (next period) entries, when receipt accrual is run for the next period, it will delete the reversal entries created for the previous Receipt Accrual run because they have not been Journal Generated. Receipt Accrual will delete any rows that do not have a Journal ID in the period being accrued.
Steps to recreate the issue:
1. Create and dispatch a purchase order that will be available for the receipt accrual process.
2. Receive the PO.
3. Run Receipt Accrual for the current period.
4. Journal Generate only the current period, leaving the next period reversing entries not processed by the Journal Gen process.
5. Voucher the receipt (in the next period). Run Matching.
6. Run the Receipt Accrual process for the next period.
7. Result is that the reversing entries from the first and second Receipt Accrual process are now missing.
Be sure to Journal Generate all accrual entries reversal in a period before running Receipt Accrual. We recommend Journal Generating the accrual entries and the reversal entries in the same Journal Generator process.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document