E-BI/XMLP: BI/XML Publisher Temporary Folders Are Not Removed By The Distribution Or Purge Process
Last updated on JUNE 05, 2012
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise PT PeopleTools - Version 8.48 to 8.50 [Release 8.4]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Checked for Relevance on 19-Dec-2011
Each BI Publisher, (XML Publisher), report run via the Process Scheduler produces a folder under PS_HOME\APPSERV\PRCS\<domain>\files\XMLP. After the report is posted, the folder remains. These folders are not removed by the distribution process or by the automatic purge, resulting in the accumulation of empty folders under the PS_HOME\APPSERV\PRCS\<domain>\files\XMLP directory.
Steps to Reproduce:
1) Navigate to ReportingTools > XMLP> Query Report Scheduler.
2) Submit the XRFWIN XMLP report -- runs the report under AE program PSXPQRYRPT.
3) Navigate to Peopletools > Process Scheduler > System Process Requests.
4) Submit the XRFWIN XMLP report -- runs the AE XRFWIN process.
5) Navigate in Windows Explorer to PS_HOME\appserv\prcs\<domain>\files\XMLP\.
6) Observe the addition of 2 temporary directories, one for each of the 2 submissions.
7) Run the PRCSYSPURGE.
8) Observe that these 2 temporary directories are not deleted.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms