Last updated on SEPTEMBER 14, 2016
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN General Ledger - Version 8 to 9 [Release 8 to 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Specific Scenarios for ADB calculation and how the ADB process is designed to work in these scenarios.
Scenario 1 : Incremental Method
Post a journal with journal date of 10/15 (daily accounting period 289).
Run ADB calculation for 10/31/08
Run ADB calculation for 11/28/08
Run ADB calculation for 12/01/08
Post a journal with journal date of 11/30 (daily accounting period 289)
Run ADB calculation for 12/02/08
On 12/1 the ADB calculation process created December averages. During the day of 12/2 a journal was posted with a journal date of 11/30. ADB calculation was run after that and updated the November average with the correct average, ending balance, aggregate, and updated the number of periods from 28 to 30. However, the new ending balance was not rolled forward to the December average, so the December average does not reflect the 11/30 posting.
Scenario 2 : Ad Hoc Method
- Current date is 12/1
- The month of November is still open for month end processing and December is also open for posting journals to the current processing month.
- Averages have been calculated for the entire month of November
- A journal is posted on 12/1 with a journal date in November
- ADB calculation runs with as as of date of 12/1 using the ad hoc method
- The December average is calculated correctly taking into account the journal that was posted in November. However, the November average isn't updated to reflect the November posting that occurred on 12/1.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms