E-SSL: Error when Importing Certificate into PeopleSoft Database: "The certificate signature is not valid"
Last updated on JULY 18, 2017
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise PT PeopleTools - Version 8.44 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
You receive the following error when importing a certificate into the digital certificates page:
You may encounter this error in one of the following two scenario's:
You receive above error when attempting to import your signed certificate, from your Certificate Authority, into the PeopleSoft database.
Sequence of events for Scenario 1:
1. Create an entry, for root certificate, in the PeopleSoft database
2. Create a certificate request (CSR), for the server certificate, in the PeopleSoft database
3. Receive certificate from Certificate Authority
4. Attempt to import the certificate into the PeopleSoft database, but receive the above error
You receive above error when attempting to import the root/intermediate certificate into the PeopleSoft database
Sequence of events for Scenario 2:
1. Create an entry of type 'Root CA' in the PeopleSoft digital certificates page
2. Click 'Add Root'
3. Then paste in the intermediate certificate followed by the root certificate
4. Attempt to save the certificate, but receive the above error
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms