Last updated on JANUARY 04, 2016
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise PT PeopleTools - Version 8.4 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
***Checked for relevance on 13-JUN-2012***
On the user side:
- 'ViewAttachment failed' pop-up error when viewing attachments.
- 'An error has occurred' error when uploading attachments, subsequently logging the user out.
- 'File not found or file received has length zero' when using Download Grid to Excel feature
In the Application Server log:
Service FileAttach FAILED due to missing SQL commit
Service FileAttach failed
The issue described here is specific to if Terminal Services/Remote Desktop is used to start/stop the Application Server domains. To confirm if the problem is being described here is experienced, check that:
- Administrators are using Remote Desktop/Terminal Services to administer the application servers
- Subfolders indicating Session IDs are being created in the Temp folder, e.g. C:\Temp\1, C:\Temp\2, etc.
If Remote Desktop is not involved here, please see Notes 654129.1 and 660252.1 as the issues described there can cause the same errors.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms