Expense Report / Travel Authorization Stuck in Pending Status after Submitting and When Resubmitted Goes to Approved for Payment
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 27, 2017
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Expenses - Version 9 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When an employee submits an Expense Report (ER) or a Travel Authorization (TA), it is stuck in 'Pending' status and when they resubmit the ER / TA, it is 'Approved for Payment' and gets routed to the approver (available through worklist and Manager Self Service -> Approve Transactions). When an approver tries to approve it, an error occurs. This issue occurs for all ERs and TAs.
1) Make sure that the approval list routing is setup in installation options.
2) In transaction definition, select Expense Manager and assign an Expense manager for the department to which the employee belongs to.
1) Login as Employee, and submit an ER / TA. Open the ER / TA for review again , the ER / TA is stuck in 'Pending' status.
2) Resubmit the ER / TA. The ER / TA gets approved without approval - status is 'Approved for Payment' for ER , 'Approved' for TA
3) Now, login as Manager and note that the ER/TA submitted is available through both worklist and Manager self-service. Click on the hyperlink to drill down to the ER/TA details and try to approve it - this results in an error.
"The following error occurred during accessing pending approval: (10502,317)
EX.Approval.Misc.ApprovalPermission.OnExecute Name:ApprovalPermission PCPC:944 Statement:10 Called from:EX_UI_ApproveTransactions.ProfileAttributes.ProfileAttributes.OnExecute Name:SetProfileAttributesSetProfileAttributes Statement:9
Called from EX_SHEET_APPR_GBL.PreBuild Statement:14
Error occurred during accessing Approval Privilege"
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms