E-BI/XMLP: Margin On Header And Footer Settings Are Not Retained For BI/XML Publisher RTF Output Format
Last updated on NOVEMBER 25, 2013
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise PT PeopleTools - Version 8.48 to 8.49 [Release 8.4]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
***Currency Checked November 2013***
Microsoft Word provides a Page Setup option for specifying the margin for the headers and footers from the edge of the page. This option is available by choosing the File menu, then Page Setup, then the Margins tab, and the From edge box. This margin setting is not retained when the output format is RTF. The output is created with the default margin settings instead.
The margin settings do work correctly for other output formats such as HTML, PDF, and XLS.
By following steps the issue can be reproduced through BI Publisher, (XML Publisher), PeopleSoft Tool:
1. Use for tests a rtf template and .xml file and navigate to: Reporting Tools > XML Publisher.
2. Add new data source based on xml file, navigation: Reporting Tools > XML Publisher > Data Source.
3. Add new Report Definition, navigation: Reporting Tools > XML Publisher > Report Definition.
4. Preview the report generated with rtf output, navigation: Reporting Tools > XML Publisher > Report Definition - Template tab - Preview button.
5. The RTF output report is created with the default margin settings instead of the specified margins settings.
The tests were performed for MS Word 2000 and 2007 and can be reproduced in both cases.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms