EAP: Issues with Withholding Basis Amount / Voucher Amount being calculated incorrectly
(Doc ID 886173.1)
Last updated on JULY 30, 2020
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Payables - Version 9 to 9.1 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Accounting entries incorrect for a multiple line Voucher when the Withholding Basis Amount is overridden.
The Withholding Liability entry in Accrual Accounting Entries is incorrect for each Voucher line.
1. Setup Vendor as Withholding (IND) applicable and also Sales Tax/VAT IND applicable.
2. Create a 2 line Voucher for the Vendor mentioned above
3. On the Voucher > Invoice Information > Withholding Information page, enter an amount in the Withholding Basis Amt Override field for both Voucher lines
4. Run Voucher Post
5. TDS is calculated correctly
6. However, the Accounting Entries show an incorrect Monetary Amount for the Withholding Liability entry of each Voucher line. Also, the amount is not rounded.
Withholding (India TDS) amount is incorrectly applied to Regular Voucher from Prepaid Voucher.
Monetary Amount for the Accounting Entries and amounts on the Payment Schedules for the Voucher are incorrect when a Withholding (India TDS) applicable Regular Voucher is applied to a TDS applicable Prepaid Voucher.
1. Create a Prepaid Voucher for TDS applicable Vendor
2. On the Withholding Information page, enter a Withholding Basis Amt Override for the Voucher (Navigation: Accounts Payable > Vouchers > Add/Update > Regular Entry > Invoice Information > Withholding)
3. Run Voucher Post
4. Pay both the Regular and Withholding Vendors
5. Create a Regular Voucher for the same Vendor
6. Enter a Withholding Basis Amt Override for the Voucher
7. Apply the Regular Voucher to the Prepayment manually (Accounts Payable > Payments > Manual Payment and Prepayment > Apply Vouchers to Prepayment)
8. Run Voucher Post
9. The Regular Voucher amounts are incorrect
Prepaid Voucher Gross Amount = 9999.00; Withholding Percentage = 2%
Regular Vendor Payment Amount = 9799.02; Withholding Vendor Payment Amount = 199.98
Regular Voucher Gross Amount = 7999.00; Withholding Percentage = 2%
After applying the Voucher to the Prepayment and running Voucher Post:
- Regular Vendor payment amount on the Voucher = 7,799.02
- Withholding Vendor payment amount = 199.98.
This is incorrect. It should be 7,839.02 and 159.98, respectively.
As a result, the MONETARY_AMOUNT for the APA and WTH lines of the ACCRUALS on VCHR_ACCTG_LINE for the Regular Voucher is not as expected. The Prepaid Reversal entries (for the Regular Voucher Accounting Entries) show the correct MONETARY_AMOUNT for the APA and WTH lines.
In addition, the Payments tab of the Voucher shows incorrect amounts for the Regular and Withholding Vendor Payment Schedules.
A paid Withholding PO Voucher has an incorrect amount in the WTHD_BASIS_AMT field on PS_WTHD_TRXN_TBL even though the amount paid to the Vendor is correct. The amount in the WTHD_BASIS_AMT is doubled. It appears that the WTHD_CALC_BASIS on PS_VCHR_LINE_WTHD is being calculated incorrectly during Payment Selection, which causes the PS_WTHD_TRXN_TBL.WTHD_BASIS_AMT to be incorrect.
1. Create a PO with 2 schedule lines for a Withholding Vendor
2. Dispatch the PO
3. Create the Voucher from the PO
4. Run Payment Selection using Pay Cycle Manager
5. Through SQL, check the WTHD_CALC_BASIS on PS_VCHR_LINE_WTHD. The amount is twice the amount of what is on the Voucher lines.
6. Complete the Pay Cycle
7. Run Payment Posting
8. Run Post Withholding
9. Through SQL, check the WTHD_BASIS_AMT on PS_WTHD_TRXN_TBL for the Voucher that was just paid. WTHD_BASIS_AMT is doubled.
The Withholding Entity is setup to not include Sales Tax for the Wthd Basis Amt Determination. When a Withholding Voucher is created with Sales Tax and paid, the WTHD_BASIS_AMT field on PS_WTHD_TRXN_TBL includes the Sales Tax amount even though the amount paid to the Vendor is correct. It appears that the WTHD_CALC_BASIS on PS_VCHR_LINE_WTHD is being calculated incorrectly during Payment Selection, which causes the PS_WTHD_TRXN_TBL.WTHD_BASIS_AMT to be incorrect.
1. Navigate to Set Up Financials/Supply Chain > Product Related > Procurement Options > Withholding > Withholding Entities
2. On the Withholding Entity page, click on the Misc. Setup hyperlink for the applicable Withholding Class
3. On the Withholding Options page, verify that the box for "Apply Sales Tax" is not checked under Wthd Basis Amt Determination
4. Create a Withholding Voucher with Sales Tax
5. Run Payment Selection using Pay Cycle Manager
6. Through SQL, check the WTHD_CALC_BASIS on PS_VCHR_LINE_WTHD. The amount is including the Sales Tax amount
7. Complete the Pay Cycle
8. Run Payment Posting
9. Run Post Withholding
10. Through SQL, check the WTHD_BASIS_AMT on PS_WTHD_TRXN_TBL for the Voucher that was just paid. WTHD_BASIS_AMT is including the Sales Tax amount. The Sales Tax amount should be excluded.
Withholding Voucher created for 1 Voucher line with 2 Distribution lines. The 1st distribution line has a positive amount and the 2nd distribution line has a negative amount. Voucher is paid for the correct amount. When checking PS_PYMNT_VCHR_WTHD, the amount in the WTHD_BASIS_AMT field is doubled.
1. Create a Voucher with 1 Voucher line and 2 Distribution lines
2. 1st distribution line has a positive amount
3. 2nd distribution line has a negative amount
4. Pay the Voucher through Express Payment or Pay Cycle Manager.
5. Through SQL, check the the WTHD_BASIS_AMT on PS_PYMNT_VCHR_WTHD for the Voucher that was just paid. WTHD_BASIS_AMT is doubled.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document