EGL: Mark Journals For Posting - When Journal Unselected To Post, The Approval Status Reset
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 14, 2016
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN General Ledger - Version 8.8 SP1 to 9.1 [Release 8.8 to 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
****Checked for Relevance on 02-MAY-2011****
****Checked for relevance on 09-SEP-2013****
If a Journal is approved and have the status 'Ready To Post', then the Journal get unselected from the Mark Journal for Posting page this will reset the approval status to 'not ready to post'.
1. Create a Journal and Submit for Approval.
2. The approver has approved the journal and the status was moved to 'Ready To Post'.
3. Go to the Mark Journal for Posting page, unselect the approved Journal.
4. The Journal Approval Status will be reset to ' Not Ready to Post'
5. Try to Post the Journal online you will receive the following error message
Cannot Post this journal because it is not approved yet. (5010,202)
You have selected to Post this journal. However, workflow approval is enabled and this journal is not approved yet.
You need to edit and submit this journal for approval before it can be posted. Your selection is canceled.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms