E-QR: Scheduled Query Output Throws Error: "Unexpected exception in CApiObjectAdapterObjRef::DoMethod for Query.RunToFile (-1,-1)" If Output Folder Contains Spaces
(Doc ID 971986.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 03, 2019
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise PT PeopleTools - Version 8.49 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Currency checked January 2014
A Scheduled Query when run to Output Destination type "File", Output type of "Xls" and a folder path containing a space - ie "\\machine\Temp\Test A\", will error out with the message:
"Unexpected exception in CApiObjectAdapterObjRef::DoMethod for Query.RunToFile (-1,-1)"
Errors are not generated if the local directory is used without a space.
Steps To Reporoduce:
1. Navigate to Reporting Tools > Query > Scheduled Query.
2. Create a run control.
3. Search for the query "XRFWIN", enter description "Test".
4. Run Query to output type of "FILE" and output format of "XLS".
Provide a path that contains spaces for the directory used for the "output destination" (e.g. "\\machine\Temp\Test A\").
5. Navigate to the Process Monitor (PeopleTools > Process Scheduler > Process Monitor).
6. The PSQUERY process status will say "SUCCESS" and "POSTED".
7. Click on the "DETAILS" link.
8. Click on the "View Log/Trace" link.
9. Click on the "stdout" link.
10. The following error will appear in the log file:
"Unexpected exception in CApiObjectAdapterObjRef::DoMethod for Query.RunToFile (-1,-1)".
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document