EAR8.9+ : Unbalanced Accounting Entry Created When Splitting Foreign Currency Items
Last updated on JULY 12, 2017
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Receivables - Version 8.9 to 9 [Release 8.9 to 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
***Checked for relevance on 30-05-2012***
After splitting foreign currency items on Item Split, ARUPDATE was errored by accounting entries are out of balance.This issue occured when exchange rates between at item entry and at item split were different.
Application: FSCM8.9 MP5
Tools Release: 8.48.08
- Verify Market Rates setting (From USD To JPY, Rate: 1 USD = 198.4 JPY).
- Create foreign currency items (Amount: 10,500 USD, Rate: 1 USD = 120 JPY).
- Run ARUPDATE.
- Enter Item Split (Splitting item in half).
- Run ARUPDATE again, then error occurred.
- Verify error item. (Message "Accounting entries Out Of Balance" was shown).
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms