LAD Add-on Localizations – Colombian Electronic Invoice
(Doc ID 2275991.1)
Last updated on JUNE 03, 2022
Applies to:LAD Add-on Localizations - Version 12.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Create Date 12-Jun-2017
Last Update Date 12-Jun-2017
This documentation update note applies to LAD Add-on Localizations and includes information about the Colombian Electronic Invoice.
Electronic invoicing is an evolution of traditional paper invoice. It´s based on the transmission of invoices between the issuer and legal authority (DIAN) using electronic media. Through the remote system enabled by DIAN, an invoice issued electronically has the same legal value as its equivalent on paper.
There are three different document that must be generated and transmitted once the document is issued by Oracle Receivables:
- Invoice (“Factura”)
- Credit Memo (“Nota de Crédito”)
- Debit Memo (“Nota de Débito”)
LAD Add-on Localizations provide:
1. A MAPPING DOCUMENTATION (Colombian Electronic Invoice - XML Mapping 2017 06 13.xlsx pointing to the source of the information of each field required in the XML files.
The source of the information will identify the table and column where the information can be obtained inside Oracle E-Business Suite (EBS) and the corresponding views created to facilitate the information extraction.
In case of necessity, LAD Add-on Localizations will release new fields, through the extension technology, allowing customer to enter the required information. (Tables: CLL_F043).
In the mapping documentation we will have a column named Source of the Information to identify where the information is located. There are the following possibilities to consider:
- Core tables
- Add-on Localization tables
- Decode. Information classified as Decode are those that need a rule to transform the EBS value to the value to filled in XML file.
- Third Party. Information generated by the DIAN communication provider.
- Group. Information classified as Group are those that indicate the begining and ending of XML Group.
The information classified as Core and Add-on Localization are available on views created by Add-on Localizations, to support the data extraction to the XML generation. The views will provide the information as it is in EBS, and will not have any kind of transformation.
The solution requires that the EBS customers work together with a DIAN communication provider, getting under their control the following actions:
- Access the views released by LAD Add-on Localizations, develop a criteria mechanism to select which invoices must be communicated to DIAN.
- Create the XML file, generate the digital communication.
- Control and monitoring the send and return XML files from DIAN.
Follow a file mapping the XML files, pointing to the source of the information in EBS.
This file should be used as reference to each customer be able to understand the source of each information that Add-on Localizations will release through the views in order to allow the integration with the DIAN communication provider and also to identify the information that must be mapped by each customer.
After assessment Oracle understand that all EBS customer will need an homologated solution to proceed the communication with DIAN.
Since each communication partner homologated by DIAN has its own architecture and layout to receive the information, Strategy will be only provide the mapping and the views. Implementation project should consider efforts to develop the integration between Oracle and customer selected partner.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document