How To Set Up a Barcode Scanner For Use With The Siebel Field Service Barcode Toolbar?
(Doc ID 1061862.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 01, 2017
Applies to:Siebel Field Service - Version 8.1.1 SIA  and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
The barcode toolbar does not read the barcode scanned from a barcode scanner.
The barcode scanner is CipherLab USB barcode scanner.
The following are set up/configured for barcode toolbar:
* The user is using a Siebel Field Service ENU web client service_enu with Standard Siebel SRF.
* Barcode toolbar is enabled.
* Custom barcode mappings are defined in Site Map > Administration - Service > FS Barcode Mappings as follows for Asset Mgmt - Assets View, Asset Mgmt - Asset List Applet:
Field Name = Serial Number, Entry Mode = Asset #, Process Mode = Find
Field Name = Serial Number, Entry Mode = Serial #, Process Mode = Find
Field Name = Serial Number, Entry Mode = Serial #, Process Mode = New
Field Name =Comments, Entry Mode = Serial Number Entry, Process Mode = Find
Field Name =Comments, Entry Mode = Serial Number Entry, Process Mode = New
* On the barcode scanner itself, the prefix is set to [CTRL][\] and the postfix is set to [CTRL][/].
* Through the user's keyboard it works correctly by entering the following manually:
* The barcode scanner is set up correctly because the CipherLab application reads and shows the correct barcode, which begins in Hexadecimal ASCII form 0x11 0x5C ... and ends in 0x11 0x2F, where 0x11 is "CTRL", 0x5C is "\" and 0x2F is "/"
What could be the reasons the Siebel barcode toolbar does not read the input from this barcode scanner?
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document