Last updated on MARCH 02, 2017
Applies to:Siebel eConfigurator - Version 8.1.1  to 18.104.22.168 SIA [Release V8]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Checked for relevance 04-Aug-2015
The following behavior is observed when upgrading promotions and using eConfigurator constraints based on product attributes, which are also constrained by the promotion:
The product cannot be customized if the new promotion excludes an attribute value that is required by a component product which is part of the installed asset.
How to reproduce:
1) Make sure that asset based ordering is enabled.
2) Create customizable product "Product A" with an enumerated attribute like this:
4) Create quote for an account and add Promotion A_Promo as line item
5) Click Customize for product A. Value 2 for Attribute A and Product C are excluded due to the promotion and the constraints. Add Product B to the solution
6) Create assets from quote items
7) Select Promotion A_Promo under account’s installed assets and click Upgrade Promotion in applet menu. Select Promotion B_Promo and click OK.
=> Application goes to Quotes view and shows a new quote with line items:
- Product A with Promotion = Promotion B_Promo, Action = Update
- Child item "Product B", Action = -
- Promotion A_Promo, Action = Delete
- Promotion B_Promo, Action = Add
8) Customize "Product A"
=> eConfigurator warning comes up with the following message:
Product - Product A Extended Attribute Modified <b>Promotion Violation. THe following Product or Attribute is no longer part of the promotion.<b> : Extended Attribute - Attribute 1; Old Value = Value 1; New Value = Value 2
9) Click OK
=> eConfigurator UI comes up, showing conflict message:
There is a conflict with your last request. Please click the Undo button to undo your last request.
For a detailed explanation of this conflict, please click the Explanation button.(SBL-CFG-00164)
Only buttons Undo and Explanation are active
- Explanation = Value 1 is excluded due to the promotion Promotion B_Promo
- Undo = application goes back to Quotes view
If you check Attributes sub view, line item for product "Product A" still has attribute "Attribute 1" with value "Value 1". The same behavior is observed with all possible values for UI Property "GoalMode" in product "Product A".
Problem: product A cannot be customized.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms