Siebel Support for Standard Interactivity Mode Clients (IE, Firefox, Mozilla, Safari, Chrome) for versions 220.127.116.11 and later
(Doc ID 1159335.1)
Last updated on NOVEMBER 13, 2019
Applies to:Siebel System Software - Version 18.104.22.168 SIA  and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
This is a listing of all supported browsers and versions which can be used as Standard Interactivity and Open UI for Siebel version 22.214.171.124 and later. While other browsers may function as Standard Interactivity clients, only those listed herein are supported by Oracle. Unexpected behaviours occurring with browsers not meeting required standards are not supported.
Siebel supports use of SI and Open UI mode clients under the following conditions:
- Beta and end of life/support versions of browsers otherwise meeting the standards are not supported.
- Oracle recommends using the latest Siebel patch level for best support of standards-based browsers.
- The minimum Siebel patch level required according to the SRSP is installed on all components.
This document refers only to the following client modes and platforms: Siebel Web Client in SI mode.
Version 8.1 and higher
For Siebel v8.1 and above Siebel supports standards based browser support. Browsers meeting those standards are supported via the standard.
- Browsers Must support the HTML 4.01 Standard
- Browsers must support CSS level 2.1 (CSS level 3.0 support is recommended and provides enhanced features)
Compliance with standards: Oracle recommends use of browsers that rank highly on the Acid3 series of standards compliance.See http://acid3.acidtests.org/ for more information on a browser compliance with Internet standards. In rare instances, browsers may not meet the standards defined above adequately in which case they cannot be supported even if they appear to function.
Examples of compliant Standard Interactivity Mode Clients
- Mozilla Firefox version 1.5 and later
- Internet Explorer 7 and later
- Safari 3 (for Microsoft Windows) and later
- Google Chrome 1.0 and later
The following configuration changes may need to be added using the procedure identified as Adding a Web browser. Go to SiteMap (shortcut: control+shift+A)
1. Click on Adminstration> "Web Browser" > Browsers
2. (SI, Open UI) If not present,create a Parent Browser with name: "Mozilla 5.0"
a. Set the "User-Agent" Capability Name to "Mozilla/5.0"
b. Set the "Accept " Capability Name to "image/gif, image/x-xbitmap, image/jpeg, image/pjpeg, application/vnd.ms-powerpoint, application/vnd.ms-excel, application/msword, */*"
3. (SI, Open UI) If not present, create a Parent Browser with name: "Mozilla 4.0"
a. Set the "User-Agent" Capability Name to "Mozilla/4.0"
b. Set the "Accept" Capability Name to "image/gif, image/x-xbitmap, image/jpeg, image/pjpeg, application/vnd.ms-powerpoint, application/vnd.ms-excel, application/msword, */*"
4. Reload all Siebel Application servers
Note: Bug 13542069 which dealt with IE8 tab and link bar visibility in Siebel 8.2.2 has been resolved in version 126.96.36.199 and later. Please update to resolve this issue.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!