Last updated on JUNE 27, 2016
Applies to:Siebel eConfigurator - Version 18.104.22.168 SIA  to 22.214.171.124 SIA  [Release V8]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
#Check on Currency - 27 June 2016#
After applying the workaround from Doc Id 1085823.1 ("Product Definition Missing During Migration Of Promotion"), the following issues happen for promotions that have price adjustments:
When importing the same promotion with price adjustment for a subcomponent multiple times, the import creates more records with the same price adjustment for the subcomponent.
1. Create a customizable product with a subcomponent.
2. Create a new bundle promotion just with this complex product and add a price adjustment on a subcomponent level;
3. Create a new workspace project with our promotion
4. Perform a (full structure) export, which was done successfully
5. Import the file to another environment. The following error occurs:
 Partial Import: ;  Cannot perform 'UpdateRecord' on the business component 'Product Promotions Relationship VBC'(SBL-EAI-04421); Data will be skipped(SBL-ISS-00120)
6. Apply the workaround from Doc ID 1085823.1 ("Product Definition Missing During Migration Of Promotion")
7. The import of the promotion is now successful, but when importing it the second time, the import created twice the same price adjustment for subcomponent with same data.
Price adjustments not working for imported promotions
The price adjustements don't work correctly for imported promotions, when the adjustment is set for the components of a customizable product inside a promotion.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
Setup: activate dynamic pricing, set System Preferences - Enable AIA Comms - TRUE.
1) Create a new Product AA_Component and release the product
2) Create a new Product AA_Root_Product add a relationship with the product AA_Component and release the product
3) Create a new Bundled Promotion AA_Promotion
4) Add AA_Root_Product with min. and max. cardinality = 1
5) Add price adjustment - Drilldown on AA_Root_Product product name,
create new adjustment with Adjustment Type=% Discount and Value =20
a. Screen Administration - Product, View Product Promotions -> Pricing (Components) - ISS Promotion Pricing Components List Applet - here is added an AA_Root_product
b. Drilldown on AA_Root_Product hyperlink - > View ISS Promotion Structure Designer View (Pricing) -> Promotion Config Item List Applet here a price adjustment for component is created (these adjustments are
stored in the table S_PROM_PMTRX)
6) Release new version of promotion and Clear Cache
7) Create a new Workspace Project and add AA_Promotion
8) Export the Workspace Project
1) Import the workspace project to another environment
2) Add the AA_Promotion, AA_Root_Product and AA_Component to Price List
3) Add AA_Promotion to Sales Order and check that the promotion price adjustment is not applied
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms