Discount Matrix is not Applied to Quote/Order Item - Additional Step Needed
(Doc ID 1271429.1)
Last updated on NOVEMBER 22, 2019
Applies to:Siebel Pricer - Version 7.8.2 SIA  and later
Siebel Dynamic Pricer - Version 7.8.2 SIA  and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In a standard Siebel environment, Discount Matrices are not applied to quote items or order line items.
1. Set Up a Discount Matrix under 'Administration - Pricing > Discount Matrices'
-Create a new discount matrix "DiscMat", Type = Product-Based Adjustment.
-In the Discount Criteria applet add field: Account Type.
-In the top applet, click on 'Complete Definition'.
-Drilldown into the discount matrix name and add Discount Details:
- Account Type = Customer, Adjustment Type = Price Override, Adjustment Amount = 75 USD, Effective From 10/1/2010, Effective To 11/30/2010
- Account Type = Supplier, Adjustment Type = Price Override, Adjustment Amount = 80 USD, Effective From 11/1/2010, Effective To 11/30/2010
2. Navigate to 'Accounts > All Accounts'
- Query for Account Type = Customer. Select account "BMW AG" with Currency = USD, no Price List.
3. Navigate to 'Administration - Pricing > Price Lists'
- Click on applet menu item 'Enable Dynamic Pricing'.
4. Create a new Price List under 'Administration - Pricing > Price Lists'
- Create price list "Test_PL" with Currency = USD, Effective From = 10/1/2010 12:00:00 AM, Pricing Procedure = Dynamic Pricing Procedure.
- Add price list item for product 'Xerco2250' with List Price = $250.00.
5. Navigate to "Quotes > List > Line Items > Totals" and create a new Quote
- Create Quote "HB Test Dynamic Pricing Matrix 1" with Account = "BMW AG", Price List = "Test_PL".
- Add quote item for product Xerco2250.
Note: Start Price = Net Price = Extended Net Price = NRC Subtotal = $250.00.
The price should be $ 75.00 according to the Discount Matrix.
The price is $ 250.00 according to the price list. The Discount Matrix is not applied to the quote item..
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document