'Disable Search' Field Property Not Working on Business Component
Last updated on MARCH 02, 2017
Applies to:Siebel Tools - Version 8.0 SIA  and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
""CHECKED FOR RELEVANCE ON 05-MAR-2015""
'Disable Search' field property does not disable searching on field.
|Sample Steps to Reproduce:|
|1. Log into Siebel Tools
2. Lock the 'Contact' Project
3. Query for the 'Contact' Business Component
4. Expand the 'Business Component' Object Type in Object Explorer to expose the 'Field' Object Type
5. Select a field (i.e. 'Last Name')
6. Set the 'Disable Search' property on the 'Last Name' field to "TRUE"
8. Log into client and navigate to the "Contact List View"
9. Select the search (magnifying glass icon)button in the top applet ("Contact List Applet")
10. Place the cursor in the 'Last Name' field and enter a search string
User should be prohibited from performing a search on the 'Last Name' field
User is still able to perform a successful search using the 'Last Name' field.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms