Last updated on FEBRUARY 29, 2016
Applies to:Siebel Loyalty Engine - Version 184.108.40.206 to 220.127.116.11 SIA  [Release V8]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
LOY Processing Engine does not advise when there is a pending Tier approval while processing transactions and shows the error SBL-LTY-14007 in the OM Log or processing comments.
****Checked for currency on 19th June 2013****
On : 18.104.22.168 version, Loyalty
When trying to process a LOY Accrual Transaction, where the member has a 'pending' Tier change to be approved, the transaction is not processed.
No error message or warning gets displayed in the UI, only the OM Log shows the error message SBL-DBC-00111 + SBL-LTY-14007 while executing the query bellow:
UPDATE SIEBEL.S_LOY_TXN SET
MODIFICATION_NUM = MODIFICATION_NUM + 1,
LAST_UPD_BY = :1,
LAST_UPD = :2,
PROCESS_DT = :3,
PROCESSING_COMMENT = :4,
STATUS_CD = :5,
SUB_STATUS_CD = :6
ROW_ID = :7
SQLParseAndExecute Bind Vars 4 00001ba14cbd40f5:0 2010-11-05 11:38:41 1: 1-222221
SQLParseAndExecute Bind Vars 4 00001ba14cbd40f5:0 2010-11-05 11:38:41 2: 11/05/2010 16:38:41
SQLParseAndExecute Bind Vars 4 00001ba14cbd40f5:0 2010-11-05 11:38:41 3: 11/05/2010 16:38:41
SQLParseAndExecute Bind Vars 4 00001ba14cbd40f5:0 2010-11-05 11:38:41 4: Due to unresolved pending tier changes this transaction 1-1414-981 for the member <?> could not be performed.(SBL-LTY-14007)
SQLParseAndExecute Bind Vars 4 00001ba14cbd40f5:0 2010-11-05 11:38:41 5: Rejected - Engine
SQLParseAndExecute Bind Vars 4 00001ba14cbd40f5:0 2010-11-05 11:38:41 6: Error
SQLParseAndExecute Execute 5 00001ba14cbd40f5:0 2010-11-05 11:38:41 OCIStmtExecute: DML error or affected 0 rows
ObjMgrBusCompLog Error 1 00001ba14cbd40f5:0 2010-11-05 11:38:41 (oracon.cpp (3246)) SBL-DBC-00111: An error has occurred writing to a record.
However, nothing happens with the transaction status as neither the status gets changed from 'Acceptable' or 'Processed' or 'Rejected'.
An error message or warning should be displayed in order to point to the user that there is a pending 'Tier' action to be processed.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Create a Member and associate with a common LOY Program;
2. Give some points to the member by processing a simple accrual transaction;
3. Having the Tier Class structure defined, when giving the first points to the member it will set the Member Tier as 'Bronze';
4. Go to the Member Screen > Drilldown and click on the 'Tier' tab;
5. Revise the current Tier and create a new one. Set the revised tier to 'Silver' and Submit to someone, like SADMIN. Note that the Approval Status will be 'Pending';
6. Now, create another Accrual Transaction for the involved Member and notice that nothing will happen, neither the status gets changed and no warning or error message gets displayed.
The LOY users doesn't know what is going on as no error message or warning gets displayed to show that there is a pending tier action to be processed, prior to proceed with the accrual transactions.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms