Primary Position Of A Contact/Account Is Deleted By The Recurring Alignment Run
(Doc ID 1300632.1)
Last updated on JULY 21, 2020
Applies to:Siebel Territory Management - Version 188.8.131.52 SIA and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 184.108.40.206 SIA version, Territory Management
Find the primary position of a contact/account is deleted by the Recurring Alignment run.
Expect the primary position to be left intact.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. We have created a new Hierarchy (H1) and Territory (T1) and Division (D1 - position P1 associated with the division).
2. Assigned the Hierarchy and Division to that Territory - T1.
3. Added Territory node in the Hierarchy - H1.
4. Created one Major alignment with the Hierarchy - H1 and Division -D1.
-- In Rule - Geo Zone we have added two Geo Zones (G1 & G2) i.e. bricks with the Territory - T1. Assignment Object - Account, Affiliation Object - Contact, Action - Add.
-- In Rule - Position we have added the position P1 with same territory T1. Action - Add.
5. As a result of step 4, all the Accounts and affiliated contacts of Geo Zone G1 & G2 are assigned to Position P1.
6. Now we have selected some Accounts and Contacts of Geo Zone G1 and made Position P1 primary for those. -- updated pr_postn_id of s_contact & s_org_ext with the row_id of P1.
7. Created one Minor alignment with the Hierarchy - H1 and Division -D1 for drop.
-- In Rule - Geo Zone we have added only one Geo Zones (G1) with the Territory - T1. Assignment Object - Account, Affiliation Object - Contact, Action - Drop.
-- In Rule - Position we have added the position P1 with same territory T1. Action - Drop.
8. As a result of step 7, Position P1 is deassigned from all the Accounts and affiliated contacts of Geo Zone G1 - except where P1 is the primary. This is expected because Drop alignment doesn't drop the Primary one.
9. Next, we have set one Intermediate recurring alignment for the same Division - D1 and Hierarchy - H1 with no Geo Zone and Position rules.
10. We have scheduled it to run in 2 Hr basis through server component 'Workflow Process Manager':
Workflow Process Name: Alignment - Periodic Runs
Object Id: <Row Id of the Recurring Alignment, such as 1-ABCD>
11. We found that due to recurring alignment run, Position P1 is now deassigned from rest of the Accounts and affiliated Contacts of Geo Zone G1 where it's the primary. The s_accnt_postn and s_postn_con records are now deleted, but the pr_postn_id of s_contact and s_org_ext is still holding the position of P1…....this is an unexpected nebavior to us.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document