RaiseErrorText in eConfigurator Script Causes Product Instance To Be Deleted
(Doc ID 1322999.1)
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 22, 2020
Applies to:Siebel Configurator Runtime - Version 8.1.1  to 220.127.116.11 SIA  [Release V8]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 8.1.1 SIA  version, eConfigurator
The message displayed by a constraint violation is displayed incorrectly if the constraint is triggered as a result of script which contains RaiseErrorText. For example
The message regarding an attribute is of the format:
Set <attribute> of <product/relationship> to <value>.
but what is displayed is:
Set of to .
The variables have not been displayed in the message.
When the explanation button is clicked, the message is displayed correctly.
- Create a root product with two attributes of free text.
- Define a constraint stating that the value of the second attribute requires the first attribute to not be empty
- Create a script on the Cfg_AttributeChanged event. This script validates the input of the first attributes is numeric e.g.
If attribute is not numeric
SetAttribute ("$.[xxxx]#1",sAttrName," ");
TheApplication().RaiseErrorText(TheApplication().LookupMessage("User Defined Errors","Validation_Number"));
- Enter valid values for both attributes. The change the first attribute to non numeric.
- Script is executed and message is displayed incorrectly.
It was also determined that if the script just contained the RaiseErrorText i.e.
function Cfg_AttributeChanged (ChangedAttribute)
TheApplication().RaiseErrorText("Please do not change the attribute value");
Then when the attribute value is changed, the error message comes up correctly. Click ok and click Done, then the error " The instance with the name TheInstance not found" is displayed.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document