Email Server Daemon Does Not Add Z Parameter To Trackable URL When Using HTTPS
(Doc ID 1370121.1)
Last updated on MAY 03, 2017
Applies to:Siebel Marketing - Version 18.104.22.168 [11023-6] Life and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When using HTTPS for the Click Through Daemon (CTD) in Administration Marketing > Servers > Email Marketing Server, the Trackable URL is generated without the Z parameter. As highlighted on Doc ID 1270666.1 - "How Do Trackable URLs 'Click on URL' in Siebel 8.1.x Work and How are They Structured?" the Z parameter is a checksum generated by the Email Server Daemon (ESD) based upon the destination URL. If the Z parameter is omitted then an error page will be shown by the CTD when the link is clicked upon.
The following steps were reproduced on standard application:
1. Set up an environment with Siebel and Email Marketing Server using HTTPS
2. Create an Offer and add an Email Treatment to it.
3. Edit the Treatment Template by adding a Trackable URL.
4. Use the 'Test Email' (Menu > Test Email) functionality and send the treatment to a seed list (created in List Management screen).
5. Verify the email of the contact from the seed list and check the Trackable URL in the email: from contextual menu select Copy shortcut.
You will note the following behavior:
A. If the CTD server (set up in Administration Marketing > Servers > Email Marketing Server > Click Through Daemon (CTD) > Value) has a value including HTTPS, the Trackable URLs included in emails generated by the ESD do not contain the Z parameter. When the recipient clicks the link in the email, the CTD is unable to validate the target URL because the URL in the email misses the Z parameter.
B. If the CTD server value uses HTTP instead of HTTPS, the ESD generates URLs with the Z parameter and Trackable URLs are correctly processed by the CTD.
Examples of the generated URLs are below. The first includes the Z parameter, the second URL does not contain the Z parameter and does not work.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!