Last updated on MARCH 02, 2017
Applies to:Siebel Loyalty Manager - Version 184.108.40.206 SIA  and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Checked for currency 10/03/2013
Checked for currency 31-JUL-2015
A business component Field with a Pre-default of Expr: 'ParentFieldValue("<field>") causes TBUI
to fail when the Transactional property is true and the task attempts to save the data at the end.
This can be shown with the sample database as follows:
- When an activity is created for an opportunity, the field dealer opportunity is populated by the opportunity name.
- In standard this is achieved by the pre default:
Parent: 'Project.Opportunity Name', 'Opportunity.Name', 'Action.Opportunity'
- This can be changed to the following with the link specification property set to true:
- Create an opportunity and add an activity, the field is populated correctly.
- Hence either method populates the field correctly.
- Now use a task to create an opportunity and activity. This works correctly until the Finish button is clicked. It then fails with the message:
 An error has occurred committing the record of business component
'Action'. The user key of the record is
Activity UID = ""
S_EVT_COMM.Conflict Id = ""
 An error occurred calculating the default value for field '<?>' in
business component '<?>'. (SBL-DAT-00412)
- If the pre-default is changed back to using Parent: then the task does not fail.
- Also if the TBUI has the Transactional property set to FALSE then the error does not occur.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms