Last updated on JULY 05, 2017
Applies to:Siebel CRM - Version 8.1.1  to 220.127.116.11  [Release V8]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
***Checked for relevance on 25-Oct-2013***
When a promotion is upgraded with a promotion which is excluded through a Compatibility rule then eligibility status is set to N although one of the promotion has action code = Delete and one has action code = Add. Expected behavior is that Verify should consider the values of the action codes correctly and should filter out objects with action code = Delete. Therefore eligibility should not be N, but Y.
Steps to reproduce
- Create 4 simple products:B1, B2, P1, P2
- Create 2 new Product Classes named: PLAN1 and PAY2
- Go to Product Definitions, query for the 4 simple products created by step A and associate each of the 4 products with Class "PLAN1".
- Go to Product Classes and navigate into the workspace of PAY2 class.
- Define the following relationship structure:
- Relationship Name: PLAN1
- Domain Type: Dynamic Class
- Product Class: PLAN1
- Min/Max/Def = 1
- Relationship Domain = B1, B2, P1, P2
- Create product called OFFER and associate it with 'PAY2' class
- Create two Bundle Promotions called 'Promo B' and 'Promo P'.
- Associate each of these promotions with product 'OFFER' and set the min/max/def cardinality = 1.
- For 'Promo B' drilldown into product OFFER and change domain of the relationship to B1 and B2
- For 'Promo P' " " " P1 and P2
- Make sure that the Min/Max/Def cardinality was set to 1.
- Create a Compatibility Matrix as following:
- Compatibility Type: Compatibility Rules
- Type: Excludes
- Subject Product: Promo B
- Object Product: Promo P
- Scope: Projected Asset Cache
- Go to Product Promotions and search for Promo P. Click on Upgrade Promotion tab and set the Original Promotion as Promo B.
- Go to Sales Order or Quote and create a new record
- Make sure to associate the Sales Order with a Customer, Business or Residential Account
- In the line items, add the Promo B product
- Generate the assets
- Via Account Summary View select menu option: 'Upgrade Promotion'
- It will show promotion Promo P
- Select it --> it will take you to Quotes or Sales Order screen again
- Check the action code:
- Promo B = Delete, Eligibility = N
- Promo P = Add, Eligibility = Y
- Click on 'Verify' button
- -->> this will change Promo P Eligibility to N. This is the issue and is wrong!
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms