RaiseErrorText is Failing to Raise the Error.
(Doc ID 1430568.1)
Last updated on NOVEMBER 22, 2019
Applies to:Siebel Financial Services CRM - Version 220.127.116.11 SIA  and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
RaiseErrorText is not causing the error to be popped up on the screen, and is also not leading to the issue of a CancelOperation, so processing is continuing to other event. For example, if the RaiseErrorText is in the PreWriteRecord, the WriteRecord is firing and the update is taking place.
The Issue has been reproduced in a simplified Test Case using the following steps:
I set up the following in Vanilla 18.104.22.168:
1) Compile the below scripting changes.
2) Start the uagent applicatoin
3) Navigate to Service Request tab → Service Request List
4) Add a value to the Summary field and save the record.
5) Remove the value from the Summary field, and the RaiseErrorText should issue a popup, but it does not.
6) Comment out the "var xxx = this.GetFieldValue("Id");” line of code.
7) Recompile and retest, and now the RaiseErrorText works.
8) Change the throw(e) to a RaiseErrorText, and the test works.
In Service Request BC:
if (this.GetFieldValue("Abstract") == "")
TheApplication().RaiseErrorText("Comment Field is empty");
var xxx = this.GetFieldValue("Id");
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document