RaiseErrorText is Failing to Raise the Error.
Last updated on MARCH 02, 2017
Applies to:Siebel Financial Services CRM - Version 188.8.131.52 SIA  and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
RaiseErrorText is not causing the error to be popped up on the screen, and is also not leading to the issue of a CancelOperation, so processing is continuing to other event. For example, if the RaiseErrorText is in the PreWriteRecord, the WriteRecord is firing and the update is taking place.
The Issue has been reproduced in a simplified Test Case using the following steps:
I set up the following in Vanilla 184.108.40.206:
1) Compile the below scripting changes.
2) Start the uagent applicatoin
3) Navigate to Service Request tab → Service Request List
4) Add a value to the Summary field and save the record.
5) Remove the value from the Summary field, and the RaiseErrorText should issue a popup, but it does not.
6) Comment out the "var xxx = this.GetFieldValue("Id");” line of code.
7) Recompile and retest, and now the RaiseErrorText works.
8) Change the throw(e) to a RaiseErrorText, and the test works.
In Service Request BC:
if (this.GetFieldValue("Abstract") == "")
TheApplication().RaiseErrorText("Comment Field is empty");
var xxx = this.GetFieldValue("Id");
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms