In Bulk Requests the Translated Values are not showing for Attribute Values and Names
Last updated on MARCH 02, 2017
Applies to:Siebel eConfigurator - Version 220.127.116.11 SIA and later
Siebel Bulk Order Capture - Version 18.104.22.168 SIA and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Attribute Values and Names in Bulk Requests are stored in Language Dependent Code (LDC) instead of Language Independent Code (LIC)
The issue can be reproduced with the following steps:
1. Create product with components and attributes. Translate attributes in Attribute Definition - for example for ENU and SVE languages.
3. Login into SVE client.
2. Create Bulk Request. Set Type=Modify, Child Type=Service Id, pick customer account with existing asset in Users & Actions applet.
3. Pick existing asset in Instances applet.
4. Pick Action Code=Update, Base Product, Component Product, Attribute Name, Attribute Value. Attribute Value\Name contains language dependent (SVE) value.
5. Login into ENU client.
6. Navigate to the same Bulk Request. Notice that Attribute Value\Name is still in SVE language.
For 22.214.171.124 customer got an error message as well:
"Attribute Value in 'ABO Bulk Request Actions' is not valid. The value is not valid for the specified attribute".
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms