In Bulk Requests the Translated Values are not showing for Attribute Values and Names
(Doc ID 1437271.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 07, 2019
Applies to:Siebel eConfigurator - Version 22.214.171.124 SIA and later
Siebel Bulk Order Capture - Version 126.96.36.199 SIA and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Attribute Values and Names in Bulk Requests are stored in Language Dependent Code (LDC) instead of Language Independent Code (LIC)
The issue can be reproduced with the following steps:
1. Create product with components and attributes. Translate attributes in Attribute Definition - for example for ENU and SVE languages.
3. Login into SVE client.
2. Create Bulk Request. Set Type=Modify, Child Type=Service Id, pick customer account with existing asset in Users & Actions applet.
3. Pick existing asset in Instances applet.
4. Pick Action Code=Update, Base Product, Component Product, Attribute Name, Attribute Value. Attribute Value\Name contains language dependent (SVE) value.
5. Login into ENU client.
6. Navigate to the same Bulk Request. Notice that Attribute Value\Name is still in SVE language.
For 188.8.131.52 customer got an error message as well:
"Attribute Value in 'ABO Bulk Request Actions' is not valid. The value is not valid for the specified attribute".
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document