Memory Leak/Crash For List Import of Response Data. Job Remains with "In Progress" Status
(Doc ID 1484034.1)
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 09, 2021
Applies to:Siebel Marketing - Version 126.96.36.199 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When importing large amounts of Response data via a List Import job it gets stuck with an "In Progress" status and the process needs to be manually terminated.
The expectation is that large quantities of Response data can be inserted via List Import
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Create Offer record via Offers > All Offers
Name = AL Offer
Type = Other
2. In lower Treatments applet, create a new treatment and save it
Name = AL Treatment
Channel = Email
3. Create Campaign record via Campaigns, e.g. Name = AL Campaign
4. Drill down onto Campaign Name and click 'Design' tab
5. In Offers click 'New' button and associate AL Offer
6. In Treatments applet, click New and create AL Treatment and save. Note the Treatment Code which you will use for the import.
7. Set the Campaign status from 'In Planning' to 'Completed'
8. Create new import mapping via Administration - Marketing > Import
Reference Name: AL Response Mapping
Main Object: Response
9. Add the fields:
Allow Field Updates
Exact Match Column
10. Now you will need a test import file which has data corresponding with the mapping created - see attachments. You can run the same job with 10k four times or run one 40k job.
For the 10k job four times, the memory will increase after each job. For the final job you should see a crash.
Alternatively if you import 40k Response records in one job it will crash after inserting around 34-35000 records.
11. Go to Administration - Marketing - Import and create new job using above
Job Name = AL Response
Main Object = Response
Import Mapping = AL Response Mapping
Import Mode = Import new records
File Selection = Use exact file name
File Name = Select import file to use
Data Type = Select as appropriate (e.g. Tab Delimited)
Header Row Included = Y
12. Click Data Mapping Tab to make ensure that the mapping aligns with the import file. Click 'Validate' as necessary.
13. Set up performance monitor as identified in Doc ID 476826.1 to monitor the siebmtshmw.exe process every second.
14. Go back to Siebel and click the 'Activate' button on the list import job.
15. Leave the job to finish (can monitor via task manager if like). You will either see a large increase in memory needed for inserting data or it will crash.
On Windows it will crash at approx 2GB, AIX, 1.5GB and Solaris 3.84GB.If it crashes you will see the job remain "In Progress".
A call stack similar to the following will be seen:
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document