Siebel CRM 184.108.40.206 Fix Pack and later installer may not replace several files under gtwysrvr\bin or siebsrvr\bin under certain conditions.
(Doc ID 1487735.1)
Last updated on JANUARY 31, 2019
Applies to:Siebel CRM - Version 220.127.116.11  to 18.104.22.168  [Release V8]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
The OUI installer for the Siebel CRM version 22.214.171.124 (and later) FP might prevent new files having extensions *.dll or *.exe to be copied correctly as part of the patch application process.
When this happens, no OUI error is shown through the installer UI. Therefore, customers may only notice later, when the patched Siebel CRM application is tested, issues of the type:
1) Siebel CRM Enterprise Server Configuration Wizard fails to start.
- From Programs > Siebel Enterprise Server Configuration 8.1, launch "Siebel Enterprise Configuration utility".
- It fails with the error " This application has failed to start because xerces-c_2_8.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem." Actual file name may vary.
- Using Windows Explorer, it is confirmed this file does not exist under gtwysrvr\bin folder.
2) Siebel CRM Web Client cannot show the Login page and receive an error.
- On the URL, enter http://WebServer/Virtualdirectoryname.
- Error message "The server you are trying to access is either busy or experiencing difficulties. Please close the Web browser, open a new browser window, and try logging in again." is displayed.
- On the corresponding object manager log file, error message " SBL-DAT-00170: The DLL 'SSCASWBC.DLL' could not be loaded." is recorded. Actual file name may vary.
- Using Dependency Walker (can be downloaded from http://www.dependencywalker.com/) or similar tool, open 'SSCASWBC.DLL under siebsrvr\bin folder. It indicates XERCES-C_2_8.DLL and XERCES-DEPDOM_2_8.DLL are missing as below.
- Using Windows Explorer, it is confirmed these files do not exist under siebsrvr\bin folder.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document