Last updated on MAY 05, 2016
Applies to:Siebel Marketing - Version 126.96.36.199 SIA  and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Essentially, the mechanism which creates loads/waves for a campaign cannot handle simultaneous load requests of the same campaign. The real-world scenario for this is the new triggered campaign feature where an external triggering technology can be used to execute a marketing stage.
Symptoms of this defect are:
(1) Some of the load requests fail with the following message:
Error/Warning : Error invoking service 'Campaign Execution', method 'CreateLoadWave' at step 'Create Load Wave'.(SBL-BPR-00162)--The selected record has been modified by another user since it was retrieved. Please continue.(SBL-DAT-00523)
Obviously in this case the intended recipient is not targetted by the campaign.
(2) The integrity of wave settings can be lost. e.g., even if the campaign is configured to have one wave per load, if 10 campaigns are launched simultaneously it's possilbe to see loads with the same wave and load#
There are several ways to reproduce this issue, but what it comes down to is forcing the system to load the same campaign simultaneously, or issuing load requests in rapid succession. Here is one way:
- Create a simple campaign (list with one contact, one direct mail treatment)
- Create a program with one stage that loads the campaign created above
- Use the Program scheduler to configure 10 stage execution requests scheduled to run at the same time.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms