BI Publisher Reports Running Through Report Business Service Are Not Working When Users Position Is Changed Through User Preferences.
(Doc ID 1502279.1)
Last updated on DECEMBER 12, 2018
Applies to:Siebel Reports - Version 184.108.40.206 SIA  and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Siebel BI Publisher Reports running through report business service fails to generate when users postion is changed through user preferences.
Steps to Reproduce Issue:
1. Set up Siebel 8.1.1.x with BI Publsiher
2. Create one user with 2 positions 'A' as primary and other position as 'B' of 2 different Organizations.
3. Log into Siebel Application with 'A'
4. Import all the sifs and workflow xmls as per the doc "Siebel BI Publisher 8 Reports Business Service (Doc ID 823360.1)"
5. Navigate to Administrator - Business Service -> Simulator
6. Load the sample worflow 'BIP Workflow Simulator.xml' provided in the doc 823360.1
7. Now load the another sample xml file 'BIP Workflow Simulator Input Args.xml' to provide the input arguments
If you are on Siebel 220.127.116.11 and above, change the bookmark value to be aligned with the changed syntax
For example chang that to 'Account'.Search = "[Name] Like 'P*'"
8. Now click on Run, report run successfully. Verify the report output record created under 'My BIP Reports'
9. Now change the active position from 'A' to 'B' through user preferences.
10. Now try running the report agian through report business service simulator following the above steps
Report failed with the below error and also the active position is pointing back to 'A' from 'B'
 Error running sub-process 'BIP Report Generation' at step 'ExecuteBIReport1'.(SBL-BPR-00183)
 Error invoking service 'XMLP Driver Service', method 'GenerateBIPReport' at step 'RunReport'.(SBL-BPR-00162)
 This operation is not allowed when there are no records displayed.Please execute a query that returns at least one record or add a new record.(SBL-DAT-00215)
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document