SWSE log is not be generated after 188.8.131.52 Fix Pack has been applied.
Last updated on MARCH 02, 2017
Applies to:Siebel Financial Services CRM - Version 184.108.40.206 SIA  and later
Microsoft Windows (32-bit)
Microsoft Windows x64 (64-bit)
SWSE log is not generated after 220.127.116.11 Fix Pack has been applied with the following scenario.
1) Siebel Enterprise Server (SES) has been installed under SIEBEL_ROOT (i.e. C:\sba81).
2) Siebel Web Server Extension (SWSE) has been installed on the folder that shares the same SIEBEL_ROOT (i.e. C:\sba81\sweapp).
3) Apply 18.104.22.168 Fix Pack for SWSE first. After the installation, new user group "Authenticated Users" is created for C:\sba81\sweapp\log folder among others, with Full Control permission.
4) Apply 22.214.171.124 Fix Pack for SES. After the installation, "Authenticated Users" on C:\sba81\sweapp\log folder has been changed to have "Read & Execute" permission, but it does not have either "Write" permission.
5) When the web client is started on 126.96.36.199 Fix Pack, IIS worker process (w3wp.exe) may attempt to write swse log file on C:\sba81\sweapp\log folder, depending on the severity of the events and the setting of environment variables (SIEBEL_LOG_EVENTS, SIEBEL_SISNAPI_TRACE, SIEBEL_SESSMGR_TRACE). Since it does not have the necessary permission, log fie is not genereated.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms