Last updated on MARCH 02, 2017
Applies to:Siebel Advanced Search - Version 188.8.131.52  and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
- Siebel Search functionality has been configured: Siebel and Oracle Secure Enterprise Search (OSES or SES have been integrated).
- There were several Microsoft Outlook (msg) files saved as Siebel attachments (e.g.: a Service Request Attachment record contains test.msg).
- When this search category was indexed, the content of the msg files was crawled too.
- If the keyword was a term contained inside one of these msg files, the Siebel Search functionality returned this record.
- But some of these msg files also contained attachments, e.g: txt, xls, doc, pdf, etc, files (e.g.: test.msg contains test1.txt, test2.doc and test3.xls attachments).
- If the keyword was a term contained inside an msg attachment (the keyword was contained inside msg attachments: test1.txt, test2.doc or test3.xls), the Siebel Search operation didn't return the record: the attachments inside the msg files were not crawled.
Does Siebel Search support index and search of attachments inside Microsoft Outlook (msg) files?
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms