OSES Search Does Not Crawl The Content of Listing Fields Completely
Last updated on MARCH 02, 2017
Applies to:Siebel CRM - Version 8.1.1 SIA  and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In field-mappings file (SSC_OSES_Field-Mappings.xml or SIA_SSC_OSES_Field-Mappings.xml), a Business Component (BC) definition can have child BCs, where each Child BC has multiple rows associated with this Parent BC (1:M relationship).
The format of the Child BC is as follows:
Example: the "Service Request" BC definition has the below
<field bc-name="Attachment List" in-name="listing01"
one2many="Service Request Attachment:ActivityFileName,ActivityComments,ActivityFileExt,Activity Id" />
So, if a Service Request record has 2 attachments:
- File Name=upgrade.txt and File Comment=list of patches applied
- File Name=SiebInstWIN.pdf and File Comment=Bookshelf Siebel Installation Guide for Microsoft Windows
Then, the feed for this listing field is as follows:
>[ActivityFileName=upgrade^ActivityComments=list of patches applied^ActivityFileExt=txt^];[ActivityFileName=SiebInstWIN^ActivityComments=Bookshelf Siebel Installation Guide for Microsoft Windows^ActivityFileExt=pdf^];</docAttr>
A Siebel Search operation is executed using a keyword contained on a "listing" field.
In some cases, the search operation does not return the record that contains this keyword; but if another search operation is executed using another keyword also contain in this "listing" field, this record is returned.
Siebel Search should return the records that match the keywords.
Steps to Reproduce
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Siebel Search functionality is configured: Siebel and Oracle Secure Enterprise Search (OSES or SES) are integrated.
2. Open the search center.
3. Execute a Search operation that we know is contained on a "listing" field of a specific record.
4. The search operation may or may not return the record.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms