The HTML Template Email Body Is Not Inserted Into The Activity Description Field
Last updated on MARCH 02, 2017
Applies to:Siebel CRM - Version 22.214.171.124  to 126.96.36.199  [Release V8]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
***Checked for Relevance 14-Dec-2014***
When using F9 with Siebel Email Template on HTML format the email body is populated in Send Communications Applet after the Template is selected in the Body drop down. Now if the user does not click on the email body and just click on Send button the email is sent sucessfully but the activity type Email - Outbound record does NOT show the body text, just blank text.
Customer expected to see all content of the email body in the activity record even when the user does not click on the body of the email after select the HTML template.
The behavior only affects some Email Template type HTML that has no subject and/or text defined in Simple tab at Site Map>Administration - Communications>All Templates and the body consisted of Template Items, where the first template item that is part of the Email Body consist to a html file that has some images by reference to show the logo of the company at the very top of the email body.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Login a Siebel user
2. Select a Contact and click on F9
3. Siebel Email Client appears
4. In Body drop down select a HTML template that consist of only some template items that has some html files associated and the very first html file has image by reference.
5. Click on Send, do NOT click on the body of the email that appears after select the template.
6. Check the Email - Outbound activity created, the description field is blank.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms