Last updated on JUNE 09, 2017
Applies to:Siebel Mobile Applications - Version 188.8.131.52 SIA  to 184.108.40.206  [Release V8]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Siebel Open UI Mobile Connected client - on version 220.127.116.11  :
When trying to use the "Calendar" feature on devices with non US-American Regional Settings, the Date Picker control seems to pass wrong dates to the application.
Steps to replicate the issue:
- Apply Siebel 18.104.22.168 Fix Pack and all available Quick Fixes (at the time when this note was initially written, May-2013); same behaviour was replicated on 22.214.171.124 version.
- Start "Siebel CG Sales Enterprise Mobile" application using either:
1. Dedicated Client with User Agent set to mimic iPad on a Windows machine with German Regional settings (date format = dd.mm.yyyy)
2. using a server with the mentioned OM and connected with an iPad with German language/regional settings;
- In the mobile application, click on the "Calls" tab
- In the upper part of the Calls list, find the date shown as "01/28/2013" (mm/dd/yyyy)
- If clicking the date, Siebel brings up the date picker, which shows the format "dd/mm/yyyy" (so day and month are switched)
- If trying to select another date and hit OK (e.g. the 27th of January, which would be "27/01/2013" in the date picker.
Error message displayed:
SBL-DAT-00359 "Value aN/aN/NaN cannot be converted to a date time value".
As a result, certain dates (like 27th of January in above example) cannot be picked! This is not specific to a particular regional specific format (i.e. German in this example), but to all non-ENU date formats.
Impact: due to this issue, users would not be able to record date-time values correctly when using non-ENU / US Regional and time format settings
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms