Email - Outbound Activity record show HTML tags in Comment field when using HTML Template Items and focus is not on Send Communications Applet (F9).
Last updated on MARCH 02, 2017
Applies to:Siebel CRM - Version 188.8.131.52  and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
***Checked for Relevance 30-Jun-2015***
When using F9 with Siebel Email Client and select a Email Template that consist ONLY (Simple Template Text field is empty) of a template item with a HTML file with the email body, if the user put the focus on the email body before click on Send the Email - Outbound activity record show the html tags in the Comment fields.
The issue does NOT happen if the user do NOT put focus on the email body in Send Communications Applet and just click on Send before select the Email Template. In this case the Email - Outbound activity record shows in the comment field the email body without any html tags as expected.
The Email - Outbound comments field should always show the email body without the html tags. The email is received by the recipient with success in both scenarios the issue is really with the Email - Outbound activity record.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1) Create a Email HTML Template with blank text and a HTML Template Item.
2) Click on F9 and use the Template
3) The template show up in the Send Communications Applet.
4) Put focus on the email body
5) Click on Send button.
6) The email is received with success by the email recipient.
7) Check the Email - Outbound activity records and Comments field it shows the HTML Tags. This does not happens if the user does not put focus on the email body before send.
The behavior can also depend on the HTML file used in the Template Item and the HTML tags used on the HTML file.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms