Last updated on MARCH 02, 2017
Applies to:Siebel CRM - Version 188.8.131.52  to 184.108.40.206 SIA  [Release V8]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
220.127.116.11  with OpenUI enabled
STATEMENT OF ISSUE:
The customer observed that he cannot type the closing square bracket character "]" in any of the Siebel views.
1. Login to Siebel Application.
2. Navigate to Accounts > My Accounts.
3. Create a new account record by clicking on the "New" button.
4. In the field for the account's name type per example "Test account [a]".
5. You will notice that you cannot type the closing square bracket character "]", i.e. the system does not accept it and it is not typed.
6. Step off the record.
7. You will notice that the account's name will appear as "Test account [a".
In Siebel with OpenUI mode enabled should be possible to type in a certain field the closing square bracket character "]".
The user cannot type in the desired information and character in a Siebel field.
In Siebel with OpenUI mode enabled the customer cannot type in a certain field the closing square bracket character "]".
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms