Open UI Siebel Attachments Cannot be Saved in the File System
Last updated on FEBRUARY 18, 2018
Applies to:Siebel CRM - Version 126.96.36.199  and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When editing Attachments using High Interactivity, they are saved normally in the File System.
When using Open UI, Attachments are first downloaded in the local system and the changes made are not saved in the file system, unless you re-attach (uploaded) the revised document.
When a user opens any Attachment, it is downloaded in the local system. After editing the Attachment, he needs to save it in the local system and upload it every time that he makes changes.
1. Launch Call Center (version 188.8.131.52) Open UI using IE, Firefox, etc.
2. Go to the Account screen and create a new Account.
3. Drill down on the Account to the Attachments view.
4. Click on New File button, then add an Attachment.
5. Click on the Attachment to open it. A pop up displays with options to Open, Save, Cancel:
a. If you click Open, then the process creates a file in a temporary folder locally; if you apply any change in the file, it is not saved back to the file system.
b. To save the changes made in the Attachment, it is required to re-upload the file back to the Server.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms