Last updated on MARCH 02, 2017
Applies to:Siebel Call Center - Version 184.108.40.206  and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
"Checked for relevance on 14-Apr-2015"
On : 220.127.116.11  version, Configuration - General
The customer experience a behavior on the login page of the application when wrong credentials are entered since SRN is introduced.
On the login page they provide a "Reset password" link. This should open a new window which allows the user to fill out his email address to request a new password.
Opening the new window only works when pressed immediately on "Reset Password" before trying to logon with wrong credentials.
User is on the login page and thinks he remembers his password. He enters his username and password and presses "Login".
The password is wrong.
The user presses the link "Reset password" to request a new password via email.
A new window opens in which the user can type in his email address.
New window doesn't open. Instead a popup is prompted to download a file???
When having a closer look at the log files of the object manager you see:
1) The user lands initially on the login page as a GUEST user - OK
2) When credentials are filled and press login, the GUEST user gets logged out and log in of the new users fails because password is wrong. - OK
3) System tries to log back in as GEUST, but this fails. - NOT OK
Attached you will find:
- Webex of the expected behavior
- Webex of the result when wrong password is entered
- SIF of the Web Page
- Log file that is splitted
- Part 1: Logging until re-login of GUEST user failed
- Part 2: Starts when reset password gets pressed
Login page (see SIF)
CAC Retail Login Page
Web Page Item
Type = Link
Method Invoke = GotoURL
Show Pop-up = True
Target View Frame = _blank
Web Page Item Parameter
They experience the same behavior in Standard Interactivity application which is running fine for years. Since SRN is introduced we have the same issue there as well.
Customized End User Functionality (i.e. only reproduced using your custom srf)/General Configuration issues reproduced in custom srf only
The issue has the following business impact:
Reset password redirect no more work.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms