Duplicates and orphan records in S_UI_OBJECT and other manifest related tables.
(Doc ID 1611002.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 03, 2019
Applies to:Siebel CRM - Version 18.104.22.168 [IP2013] and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 22.214.171.124 SIA  version, System Admin
If 2 repositories are loaded into the dev or test environment database then
a) site map-> administration - application -> Manifest Administration shows records for both repositories, making administration confusing.
b) if the repository is deleted from within Siebel Tools, the manifest data is not deleted and remains as orphan data in tables such as S_UI_EXPR, S_UI_FILE,S_UI_OBJECT,S_UI_OBJ_EXPR,S_UI_OBJ_EXP_FL
a) site map-> administration - application -> Manifest Administration should offer a way to differentiate the records belonging to different repositories
b) delete repository should also delete manifest related data.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Start -> Siebel Enterprise -> Database Server Configuration and follow the
wizard to import a repository
2. site map-> administration - application -> Manifest Administration.
Sort by name and notice there are duplicates.
3. Get the row ids of a few records with apparently same data (e.g same name) and
log in to SQLPLus and run a query and notice they belong to different repositories
4. in tools , delete one of the repositories.
5. double check the records were NOT deleted in site map-> administration - application -> Manifest Administration. or re-run your SQL query to confirm data pointing to the deleted repository is still available in the manifest tables.
The issue has the following business impact:
Due to this issue, administration of manifest related data gets confusing in the presence of multiple repositories.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document