Applet_ChangeFieldValue Not Fired In Open UI List Applet
Last updated on MARCH 02, 2017
Applies to:Siebel Call Center - Version 184.108.40.206 [IP2013] and later
Siebel Tools - Version 15.0 [IP2015] to 15.4 [IP2015] [Release V15]
Siebel Tools - Version 220.127.116.11 [IP2014] to 18.104.22.168.10 [IP2014] [Release V8]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When using Open UI, the Applet_ChangeFieldValue event in Siebel Browser Scripting is not firing for fields modified in a List Applet. It is firing when using HI.
Created a Test Case in 22.214.171.124 and was able to reproduce the results when using a List Applet, but not when using a Form Applet.
Added the following to both Service Request Detail Applet and to Service Request Activity List Applet
function Applet_ChangeFieldValue (field, value)
Compiled and started Client. Navigated to the Service Request Activities View, and the alert did come up for Abstract field of SR, but not for Description field of the Activity. Tested in HI and see both alerts work in both applets.
An Additional Test Case has been found for IP2014 and IP2015:
1. Identified Applet: Service Request Detail Applet -> Locked Project.
2. Added this line to "Applet_ChangeFieldValue": alert('Field: ' + field + ' Value: ' + value);
3. Identified Fields "Description" and "Abstract" -> Set "Immediate Post Changes" = TRUE for "Abstract"
4. Compiled locked projects.
5. Cleared the Browser Cache/Cookies/Session.
6. Ran command genbscript as explained here: Generating Browser Scripts - http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E05553_01/books/ConfigApps/ConfigApps_Overview40.html
7. Logged into the Application and went to Service Request > My Service Requests - used Chrome.
The event should be triggered for all the Fields, except those that are set using a pick applet, as expected.
The event is triggered only for "Description".
When changing "Summary", the alert is not shown.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms