Configurator Issue Using Special Characters In Attributes For Open UI
(Doc ID 1619493.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 14, 2019
Applies to:Siebel CRM - Version 188.8.131.52 [IP2013] to 184.108.40.206 [IP2013] [Release V8]
Siebel Call Center - Version 220.127.116.11 [IP2013] to 18.104.22.168 [IP2013] [Release V8]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Attribute names with special characters (/), ('), (?), (.) cause the configurator UI to display the attribute name but no control is displayed to allow user to modify the attribute value.
Steps to Reproduce:
1) Create a new Attribute Definition:
- AA / Slash
- AA Apostrophe's
- AA Period.
- AA Question Mark?
- AA \ Backslash
2) Create the following Product Classes:
- 'AA Apostrophe' and add attribute 'AA Apostrophe's'
- 'AA Backslash' and add attribute 'AA \ Backslash'
- 'AA Period' and add attribute 'AA Period.'
- 'AA Question Mark' and add attribute 'AA Question Mark?'
- 'AA Slash' and add attribute 'AA / Slash'
3) Create the following Products:
- 'AA Apostrophe Product' and associate with class 'AA Apostrophe'
- 'AA Backslash Prod' and associate with class 'AA Backslash'
- 'AA Period Product' and associate with class 'AA Period'
- 'AA Question Product' and associate with class 'AA Question Mark'
- 'AA Slash Product' and associate with class 'AA Slash'
4) Create a new Sales Order named "AA Special Chars Attributes"
5) Go to Line Items. Add 5 order line items exist. Customize each one and you'll observe that the attribute label appears, but the Textbox (edit box) control does not. The exception is the "AA Backslash Prod" line item. Backslash is not a special character that causes problems. The order item products with the issue are:
- AA Slash Product
- AA Question Product
- AA Apostrophe Product
- AA Period Product
6) All of the above products have attributes with an edit box control. The edit box is not seen for the attributes containing the special characters.
7) Note that in product administration, an error appears preventing the user from validating the products containing these special characters
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document