ReadOnly Checkbox Becoming Editable In IE9, IE10 and IE11
Last updated on NOVEMBER 14, 2017
Applies to:Siebel Financial Services CRM - Version 22.214.171.124  and later
Siebel CRM - Version 126.96.36.199  and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
1) In OpenUI (IE9, IE10, IE11), a CheckBox can be checked with a double-click despite the Read-Only field property.
2) Read only Checkbox appears to be editable in Siebel Open UI on Microsoft Internet Explorer versions 9, 10 and 11. This behavior does not occur in prior versions of Microsoft Internet Explorer or in Google Chrome or in Mozilla Firefox.
1. Open application, Contacts - Contacts List. Drill down into a Contact to get to the More Info view.
2. This view has read-only field "Do Not Call". This field appears as Editable although it is Read Only. Now, Double Click on it.
3. Result - Here the read only field becomes editable when double clicked.
Due to this issue, users think they are able to edit the read only field, However, this change in the user interface will not be saved to the database.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms