Email Template Formatting in Is Lost In Siebel OpenUI using "External eMail Client"
Last updated on JULY 18, 2017
Applies to:Siebel Email Response - Version 18.104.22.168  and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 22.214.171.124  version, Comms Server & Email Response
Email Template formatting is lost in Siebel OpenUI
We are using Default Email client as -> EXTERNAL EMAIL CLIENT for OPEN UI.
1. For email templates where we have HTML links (like eg: www.google.com), they do not show up as HTML links in the email draft when using EXTERNAL EMAIL CLIENT option from Siebel. They just show up as normal text.
2. All the formatting which is there on the template is lost and it displays with more line spacing than expected.
3. [Thread ID] is displayed at the bottom of the email unlike Siebel/Outlook form.
1. Links www.google.com and www.oracle.com should be displayed as hyperlink.
2. Customer doesn't want THREAD ID displayed at the bottom.
• Navigate to Administration - Communications -> All Templates.
• Click New and fill the details as below:
o Name = Test Email Template
o Channel Type = Email
o Status = null
• On the Simple Form applet fill the details as below:
o Template Type = Body
o HTML Template = True
o Public = True
o Object = Service Request
o Subject = Test Email Template Formatting Issue
o Copy and paste the below content in Text Field and hyperlinks should show up in the template Text field:
(Note , depending on a particular browser capabilities you can see additional spacing like this:
1. Login to Open UI Sales application using SADMIN/SADMIN.
2. Navigate to Tools -> User Preferences.
3. Click on Outbound Communications view bar link.
4. Set as following:
a. Email Client: External Email Client
b. Default Messaging Format: HTML
5. Click Save button.
6. Navigate to Site Map -> Service Requests Screen.
7. Click on Service Requests List view bar link.
8. Select a Service Request record and click F9.
9. Select Message Template = Test Email Template
10. Click OK, Outlook draft message will pop up as shown in the below screenshot:
1. Links www.google.com and www.oracl.com are showing as plain text without a hyperlink. (should be shown as hyperlink as is in the template)
2. Shows the THREAD ID at the bottom. (which we do not want).
The issue has the following business impact:
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms