Oracle Business Intelligence Screens Shown as Blank in Siebel Open UI with Browsers such as Chrome and Firefox
Last updated on MARCH 13, 2017
Applies to:Siebel Call Center - Version 18.104.22.168  to 22.214.171.124.13 [IP2013] [Release V8]
Siebel Call Center - Version 126.96.36.199 [IP2014] to 188.8.131.52.5 [IP2014] [Release V8]
Siebel Call Center - Version 15.0 [IP2015] to 15.0 [IP2015] [Release V15]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When accessing the Segment or any other Oracle Business Intelligence related screen from Open UI it is blank in Chrome and in later versions of Firefox (for example it works in 3.6.3, but not in 24.3), however, in versions such as Internet Explorer 8 the integration works fine. Also when testing the High Interactivity client with Internet Explorer 8 the integration also works fine.
When opening any OBI related screen or view the user should be gracefully logged in showing the appropriate OBI view in an iFrame within Siebel,
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Install and use Siebel 184.108.40.206 Marketing with Open UI
2. Install and use OBI 220.127.116.11.131017 or higher set up for Marketing. (Please note that 18.104.22.168.131017 or higher is required for Chrome version 30 and higher - please see "OBIEE 11g - Browser Certification Advisor" (Doc ID 1615805.2) and http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/middleware/bi/bi-11gr1certmatrix-ps6-1928219.xls > Browser tab)
3. Set up the appropriate symbolic URLs in Administration - Integration
4. Set the following to avoid seeing an error such as "OBIEE content can not be displayed in the IFrame":
OBI Presentation Server's instanceconfig.xml:
In <OBI11117>\Oracle_BI1\bifoundation\web\appv2\WEB-INF\web.xml add the following:
5. Restart the OBI servers:
<OBI Instance>\bin\opmnctl stopall
<OBI Instance>\bin\opmnctl startall
6. Clear browser cache.
7. Navigate to Segments screen in Chrome or Firefox. It is blank.
8. Navigate to Segments screen in Internet Explorer 8. It renders correctly.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms