Last updated on DECEMBER 11, 2015
Applies to:Siebel Mobile Applications - Version 22.214.171.124 SIA  and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In the current set up, our Connected/Disconnected Application is exposed to the internet via an extranet URL.
To login into the application from internet, users have to access the extranet URL and enter their credentials (enterprise userid/password, different from the Siebel UserId/Password)
This Extranet URL forwards the user to the Siebel login page after the users are successfully authenticated.
Below are the steps that were carried out:
1. Using an iPad connected to the Extranet URL
2. Provided the Enterprise UserId/Password after which the login page appears
3. Logged into the Connected mobile app and the home page appears
4. Placed this as a separate app on the iPad Home screen
5. Closed Safari and launched the newly created app from the Home screen icon
6. This launches the extranet URL and prompts for the credentials (enterprise uid/password)
7. That brings up the login page for the Connected Application
8. After logging in, perform a Full synchronization and the Satellite icon turns white
9. Disable Wi-Fi
10. Clicked on the disconnected Application icon on the Home screen
11. This throws an error message that it cannot open the app because there is no internet connection.
The end-users need to be able to access the application in Disconnected Mode when there is no Wi-Fi.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms