On Siebel CRM Desktop - How can we Customize The First Run Assistant Performs The Initial Synchronization?
Last updated on FEBRUARY 08, 2016
Applies to:Siebel CRM Desktop - Version 126.96.36.199 SIA  and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
How to Customize the first run assistant performs the initial synchronization ?
The bookshelf has some information about it:
In bookshelf: "Siebel CRM Desktop for Microsoft Outlook Administration Guide - Version 3.7"> Chapter: "6 Installing Siebel CRM Desktop"
Section: "Options for Installing the CRM Desktop Add-In" - "Customizing the First Run Assistant"
It describes how to make changes, in file "platform_configuration.xml" under section "initialization_script" for:
1. Shares native outlook items: application.settings.set("SharedByDefault:NewItems";value)
2. Convert outlook contacts: application.settings.set("FRA:ConvertItemsMsgBoxDefaultNo",1)
3. Handling Mail attachments: application.settings.set("MailProcessing:AttachmentsHandling", 0);
But, what code shall be used to define this:
1. Schedule an automatic Syncronization interval: checked
2. Syncronize recent changes to server automatically: checked
3. Show progress during automatic synchronization: unchecked
1. Hide the progress bare during initial sync? Both the first (when obtaining the package: with green statusbar) and the last step in the first time sync (with the 5 elements and the progress %).
2. How to change which logs to create? For General log, SOAP log, Sync log.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms